Monday, December 27, 2004
:: MY YEAR-END SURVEY ::
I was planning to blog a lenghty "year-end report" for my 2004 but this survey thingy I chance upon from Sassy Spacey is way better and easier to do. 2004 is definitely one heck of a turning point for me. Read on.
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done?
Transferred work location, filed resignation, had an accident and operation, got a new job, got facinated with red wine, fell madly in love
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yep, I said that I will make significant changes in my career life. And I did.
I will still make new resolutions and will try to stick to them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yep, my two closest friends from Honda: Olen and Dansel. They both gave birth last January (only 20 days apart). I am now Godmother to their daughters Nicole and Isabela.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
No tripping and vacationing this year except for my memorable Baguio trip last October. I'm supposed to go to Shangri-La Mactan last May but it did not materialize due to my unexpected resignation. Diba, Lee? *wink wink*
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
Discipline, determination, more assertiveness and confidence
A new digital camera
A more beautiful, gorgeous me. (Hah!)
100% Him, 100% Mine
7. What date/s from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory?
April 28 - filed my resignation from Honda
May 14 - my finger accident
August 25 - my first day at my new work @ Carrier
October 15/16 - In Vino Veritas
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a new job, having a happier & more contented life, meeting the possible ONE
9. What was your biggest failure?
Gaining weight, resigning and giving up
10. Did you suffer an illness or injury?
Yep, last May. Read it all ---> here.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My kick-ass computer last January. I especially love my optical, wireless keyboard & mouse; my combo drive (DVD Reader, CD Writer) and my trusty bluetooth dongle.
Oh! I also love my new Sony Ericsson K700i
12. Where did most of your money go?
Food and dining (ugh!), shoes, clothes, DVDs, taxi, gimmicking, DSL and Globe bills
13. What did you get really, really excited about?
Baguio trip with Mark and his friends, QT and dates with him, Christmas, Mighty Nights, my DSL connection and my new PC
14. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Through The Fire by Chaka Khan
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? Definitely HAPPIER.
ii. thinner or fatter? Let's NOT talk about this.
iii. Richer or poorer? I have more moolah but I cannot fully say that I am richer. Hehe. But I'm definitely richer in knowledge, experience and love. :)
16. What do you wish you'd done more?
Sleep, rest, spend time with family, exercise, save money
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Overanalyze, whine and complain, impulsive eating and shopping
18. How did you be spend Christmas?
Morning with my family at home, dinner with Mark at Breakfast at Antonio's (simply divine!) and reunion with the clan
19. Did you fall in love in 2004?
Truly, madly, deeply
20. How many one-night stands?
Wrong number, dude.
21. What was your favorite TV program?
Sex and The City! I will truly miss Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte!
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hmmmm, not really hate but more of dislike. Yep, I can think of one. Or two.
23. What was the best book you read?
Haven't been reading much lately but I love the last book I read - Sidney Sheldon's Are You Afraid of the Dark?
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Orange and Lemons, Chaka Khan, Julia Fordham, Vanessa Carlton
25. What do you want to get?
Many to mention! But top of mind is Cannon Powershot 500 / Sony T1. Hehe! Check my On-Line
Christmas Wish List.
26. What was your favorite film of this year?
Before Sunset, Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban, The Incredibles
27. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I had a low-key 26th Birthday.
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying
We still have four days left before we bid 2004 adieu. It can still happen. *wink*
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004.
Lots and lots of black. Lots of pointed, stilletos shoes.
30. Who/what kept you sane?
My friends, Mark, my family, my niece Gabbie, this blog, my computer, my work
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Forever fixation with Ben Affleck, Kate Hudson and Jericho Rosales. I also got drawn to GMA, Mar Roxas (and Korina) and Pia Cayetano during election time.
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Election (US and local) and the whole brouhaha about it.
33. Who do you miss?
Kat and my other college friends, Honda pals
34. Who was the best new person you met?
Mark. Who else?
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
It's now how many people you've reached. It's how many RIGHT people you've reached.