Saturday, November 27, 2004
:: THE ON-LINE CHRISTMAS WISH LIST ::
I have yet to make a Christmas post. BUT I think Christmas is coming a bit late for me this year. I truly need some Christmas spirit on me. (Please, give me one?) I blame this semi-non-anticipation to holidays to work, stress, my almost-non-existent Christmas bonus, raging emotions and my inability to decorate the house this year.
Anyway, I got this from Cherry's Live Journal and decided to re-post it on my blog. Feel free to spread this around.
Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your blog. The post should contain your list of holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and on-line related ("I'd love to have a new blog lay-out") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real life things (non-online), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your blog so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your blog list/hops, friendsters and friendslist and see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf (or fairy) -- to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not -- it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
Here's my On-Line Christmas Wish List:
Chrismas messages on my cellphone, e-mail, tag-board or blog comment box.
Chrismas phone calls (just right after midnight will be truly appreciated)
Chrismas cards from all over
Altec Lansing Sound Blaster
5. Starbucks 2005 Planner/Diary
6. Lacoste Polo Shirt in Light Pink or Purple
7. Slave Hard Drive - 20 GB is enough
A bottle of Red Wine or Bailey's
9. Dawson's Creek Season 2 - 6 (even pirated copies will do!)
10. Cosmopolitan Magazine subscription for one year
11. New kick-ass blog lay-out
12. Left Behind Book Series (Books #8 - 12)
Christmas Angel for the tree topand Christmas lights
14. A condo unit in Makati
15. Bouquets of Calla Lilies or white roses
16. Patience and willpower to go on and not to give up
17. iPod Mini / iPod
18. Sony Cybershot T1
19. Tequila Joe's Chicken Fingers
20. Overnight stay at Camp John Hay Manor, Baguio City
21. The Spa Gift Certificate
22. Sark's Journal and Play!book (available at Powerbooks)
23. Microphone for my PC
24. Felicity Season 2-4 (same as #9)
25. Pilot TechPen .5 in PINK (can't find ANY)
26. Driving lessons
27. HP ipaq
28. Better writing skills. Flawless grammar.
29. Scuba diving course tuition fee
100/day blog hits
31. Numerous blog links
32. Shopping holiday to Thailand or Hongkong
33. Trip to Vigan, Ilocos Sur
34. Powerbook (yebah!)
35. Five days, four nights stay in Boracay divine
36. One Month Christmas bonus
37. Magic mic
Aileen, Charo & Tin with a boyfriend
39. Hosting for this blogsite with domain name
40. A 100% Him.
A 100% Mine.
I will put a
strike for every wish granted. Teeheehee! :)
Howdy? Hope you're reading this. You may get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I've been so nice (actually, almost a martyr) this year! Thanks!